TR6 Clutches

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Clutches
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 04:26:08 -0700 (PDT)
Hi group,

I've acquired a used TR6 engine in unknown condition.

It has what appears to be a brand new clutch bolted to the flywheel.

I have no idea how long it has been on there, only that is appears to have been
used very little.

I remember in years past there having been clutch issues . . so I thought I'd
write down the numbers stamped on it and see if anyone could ID the parts and
let me know if they were suspect or not.

KC 2403 is stamped on one of the fins of the diaphragm spring.

Around the edge of the pressure plate is stamped:
Made in Great Britan  QY 13039

And finally . . . I don't particularly like the looks of the hardware holding
the clutch on.  I don't trust PO's too much, so I'm going to replace the bolts.
Does anyone happen to know the size / length / grade of hardware I should use
off hand?

Thanks as always.

Scott Tilton
Leesburg, VA