TR 6 Door Checkstrap

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR 6 Door Checkstrap
From: JEFTR3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 21:39:29 EDT
Why are the supposedly simple things more difficult? I have a new door
checkstrap, TRF,Moss,Vic all show the same, a steel flat bar with a rubber
stop and bent metal holder. In my hand it looks logical, but I see no way it
goes on the car. The one good side of the car has a bar that seems to fit
thru a metal holder that is riveted into the door post. The side I am fixing
has a square hole with 2 mounting holes next to it. I can maybe drop the new
piece in but how is it secured?
An old TR250 book seems to show a checkstrap with a bracket on it, but the
big 3 all show the style I have.
thanks for any help.
Jim Fuller
upstate,NY