Re: windscreen

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: windscreen
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical@iwnet.screaming.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 00:14:28 +0100
Hi Sam
If the rubber is an original or a true reproduction, there should be four or
five parallel lines running round the rubber, basically the sealer lays on
the lines, being almost in a corner where the rubber widens to overlap the
outside of the frame. Applied here it should seal nicely and not contaminate
the string or the inside of the car! The seal is proved when some mastic
extrudes from the outside edge of the rubber, if there are any areas that
don't have excess extruding, usually the top corners, you can lift the edge
and add some more.

HTH

Graham.