Brake M/C Tool - was no brake pedal

To: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>, "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake M/C Tool - was no brake pedal
From: <stantr6@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 21:41:54 -0400
Cc: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Irv, Alan, List.
Came across the following in the prior string.....

> To disassemble the MC, you'll need a fairly good sized allen wrench (I got
>mine at Sears) to be able to remove the tipping valve.

I made a tool to remove the tipping valve at no cost.

The head of a 5/16" bolt, which fits into a 1/2" socket, fits in the tipping
valve retainer.  Thread two nuts on the bolt, tighten the two bolts together
(kinda like tightening/loosening studs), insert the head of the bolt into the
tipping valve.  With bolt now upside down, use a box wrench on the lower nut to
remove, top bolt to tighten it back in place.

Stan Kinmonth
1974 TR6, Frame-off coming back together.
http:\\home.bellsouth.net/personalpages/PWP-stan6restore