RE: Turn Signals

To: Triumph Tech List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Turn Signals
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 15:54:05 -0700
> Can anyone suggest a reason why my left turn signal blinks twice as fast
> as my right signal?  All bulbs are working properly, so I don't think it
> is a resistive load issue.

Mark, it's the same flasher unit, so there has to be some sort of load issue
somewhere.  One possibility is different bulb types, another is a bad
connection almost anywhere.  Not so bad that a lamp doesn't light, but bad
enough to reduce the voltage to one or both of the LH lamps.  Could be a bad
ground, too ...

One way to attack the problem is to jumper across the flasher unit so the
signals stay on constantly, then use a voltmeter to check the voltage at the
bulbs.

Yet another possibility is that one of the turn signal bulbs is inserted or
wired backwards, so that the tail/parking filament is connected into the
turn signal circuit.

I believe Jonmac wrote a few months ago of finding wiring corroded inside
the insulation on Canley Girl to be her turn signal problem.

Randall