Thanks for the great tips...

To: David Delano <ddelano_98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Thanks for the great tips...
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 20:46:23 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by David Delano
>New problem had just reared it's ugly head - broken or
slipped hood release cable.  Can't pop the bonnet!
(common problem for middle aged wanna-be LBC
mechanics)...

I read the VTR page with suggestions - none of which
look particularly attractive except maybe the hood
bracket removal from below with a really long ratchet
extension.  I am hoping the outer cable slipped and if
I pull hard enough on the inner cable it will release.
 Have not had the nerve to try this yet until I get
some advice.

Any tips on this one?  Of course looking for the quick
fix solution rather than the remove the dashboard
option...
<

David,

The factory procedure for a broken/slipped hood release cable is as
follows:
1) remove the glove box.
2) take a long, narrow screwdriver and slip it through the wire harness
grommet and angle it up toward the hood latch, engage the release lever and
release the latch.

Except for the "remove the glove box" part it is quite painless - if you
manage to avoid the battery hot post.  I've used this a couple of times and
it is actually easier than one would think.  Certainly easier than
unbolting the hinges.

Dave (redundant hood releases on my 6)