Car Shows : ) smaller rant

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Shows : ) smaller rant
From: DShoop7572@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:45:27 EDT
What a response. To clarify my direction on this.....

1. Winning a trophy or plaque is not really an interest for me at this point
in my life.
2. I love looking at all LBC's esp. TR's. I took many pictures of all types
of cars. In the show area and other lots.
3. I would have stayed at the show longer and probably interacted with and
met more owners if my car was parked with the other TR4's.

    As I pulled onto the street leading to the show I was surprised to see so
many LBC's parked in the adjoining lot. Puzzling. I didn't ask anyone, but
just figured the owners chose not to enter them in the " contest " and this
was where you park if you are not entering.
    I had limited funds with me and felt I would rather spend my money on a
part I needed for my car (which I did find) then pay a fee to park next to
the show or entered cars. Like I originally stated, I thought it would be a
reasonable concept to pay 6 or 8 bucks to be with the other owners and their
cars. This would also produce money (more than the $3.00 I paid to walk in)
for the event and give me a break on my expense. At $15.00 or $20.00 I feel
I'm paying for the "super cars " trophies.
    This is not a major complaint or focus of my life. It's just how I felt
at the show and have felt as I attended every previous show.
     I like the idea of a meet with no awards. I don't think the majority of
the people lives depend on winning a car show award. Maybe I'm wrong about
this too.
     Let's organize the "First Annual LBC No Trophy Meet" and see who comes.

                                             No hard feelings intended from
this thread.
                                             Dave