SU HS6 on a TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: SU HS6 on a TR6
From: "Ross Fox" <rossjfox@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 20:55:43 -0400 FILETIME=[EAA3A2F0:01C1F561]
I'm in the process of rebuilding a pair of SU HS6 Carbs for my TR6.  They
are off a 1968 Volvo.  It's a fixed needle type.  I am familiar with the
needle options which are appropriate for a TR6, however I need to know which
jet and piston spring to use.

Does anyone know the SU part number of these which would be correct for a
TR6?

If anyone has a set of SU HS6's made for the TR6 and sold by many of the
part houses, I could use the carb number located on the little ID plate to
cross reference it in the manufacturer's tables (which I have) and figure
out the approprite spring and jet part numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Ross
75 TR6