Ebay1969TR6(YIKES!)

To: "triumphs list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ebay1969TR6(YIKES!)
From: "Jerry Oliver" <slantws@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 07:49:16 -0700
Hello everybody
Casually looking for an early TR6, and though I probably wouldn't buy a car
via Ebay (parts yes, if not too many dollars at risk), I inquired about the
1969 TR6 listed yesterday
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1826465063
Asked the dealer fellow about the seats, which appeared not to fold at the
head rest; he responded they are ORIGINAL and do not fold. Told him my
experience and Piggots book shows they would fold on a US car. He stated
they were like the TR250 seats. (What? TR250 seats weren't high back.) Okay.
He also states the car was made April 1968. Pointed out to him Piggot lists
the first  carbed TR6 (CC25003L) built 19 September 1968. This car is
CC25983L, which would make it late September or October 1968. Gave him this
info. and he claims the April date is on the "VIN" plate and Piggot is
wrong.
Yikes.
Jerry Oliver
Olympia, WA