Re: Z-S Carbs and priming

To: bob@bob.mclaughlin.name
Subject: Re: Z-S Carbs and priming
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 06:52:48 -0400
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bob:

If you have fuel running from the line when removed and turn over
the engine, then you would have fuel in the float bowl and
no priming is needed.  If your 6 has the original fuel pump,
this has a hand primer at the base that allows you to prime the
line/bowls without turning over the engine. If the pistons
move freely (i.e. when you lift them in the chamber and release,
they drop to the floor of the chamber with a slight "thud"),
then the needles are moving freely.  You may want to clean the
jets in the float chamber since you didn't mention if you
had rebuilt or cleaned up the carbs since it was last driven.

I would also run through your ignition system just to be safe
since most all starting/running problems are electrical and
not the carbs.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6