Building your own fuel lines 101

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Building your own fuel lines 101
From: richard triplett <rtriplett25@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:12:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Another question re my 59 TR3A resto. I am going to
replace all fuel lines and am considering fabricating
some of the lines. I have ordered a single/double
flaring tool ($9) so I can perhaps also fabricate
brake lines in the future and a tubing bender ($6). I
already have a tubing cutter. Here are some questions:

1. Is steel best for fuel lines or is copper a better
choice?
2. Fuel line for the TR3 is 1/4" ID correct?
3. If copper is better, can I purchase 1/4" ID line
from home depot or do I need special tubing? If steel,
is bulk brake line/adapters/unions OK to get from
Autozone?

TIA for any help! Oh, and also thanks for the feedback
re fuel pumps. I am either going to go with a
facet-type adjustable fuel pump or a rotary 3.5 psi
pump with a 1-4 psi regulator. Depends on if I want to
spend the extra $30. Decions decions!

Richard Jr
TS42099L
http://health.yahoo.com