RE: Low compression

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Subject: RE: Low compression
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:10:34 -0700 >
John :

There is always some risk, but IMO it's not high enough to worry about.  If
it's a broken ring or scored cylinder wall, the block already has to be
bored and the piston and ring replaced.  If it's a burnt valve, the valve
already has to be replaced.  There's some chance you might ruin a valve seat
that could otherwise be salvaged, but chances are you should replace it
anyway.  And compared to the teardown, the cost of a single valve seat is
minor.

Randall