Re: Brake Servo making sounds....rebuild or ?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "John Reynolds" <JohnTempe8@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Brake Servo making sounds....rebuild or ?
From: "levilevi" <levilevi@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:15:17 -0600
John,

I'd get it rebuilt by Partco and he'll send it to Fred Thomas to powder coat
the two shells.

Got one that got that treatment sitting in the garage but haven't gotten
around to putting it on.

My booster went out as I pulled into the hotel parking space at VTR2001 in
Portand, Oregon.  One of my mates convinced me to just plug off the manifold
hose and push harder on the pedal (you know like a TR4 driver that doesn't
have a booster has to do).  Tried it around the parking lot and could stop
pretty good so I autocrossed it there (and in Breckenridge BTW), drove it
1250 miles back to Denver and haven't a booster since, although I will for
VTR2002 when I put the rebuilt one on.

So you can still drive it while you send it off, just plug that hose to the
manifold...I believe that's a 3/8 inch bolt, coarse thread ;)

Bud Rolofson
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)