Re: Interesting LBC Tale

To: <pmmacy@att.net>, "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting LBC Tale
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:48:53 +0100 g3HErTi10278
From: <pmmacy@att.net>

>  He claimed that (some or
> all?) completed car bodies were dipped in a saltwater
> bath and stacked outside to dry prior to painting.

This sounds pretty apocryphal to me. Probably equally apocryphal is the story
of one of the American car giants spraying the bumpers of their new cars with
salt water before plating, as market research showed that the average American
consumer traded his/her car when the bumpers started to rust. Does this tale
get related in America, or is it one of those transatlantic myths?
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics