Wire Wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire Wheels x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Dan Von Seggern <danvon@scripps.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 12:00:28 -0700
When I bought my Spit, it came with two old wire wheels tossed in the
back (the previous owner had some thoughts of eventually converting i
think).  They are kind of ugly with surface rust-would need to be
sandblasted or something-but don't appear to be overtly bent.   Knowing
nothing about wire wheels, i can't say any more than that about their
condition.

Anyway, I have no use for them and no longer have the garage space to
keep them, so unless one of you can use them they are on their way to
the junkyard.  they can be yours for the cost of shipping them (I assume
that UPS would be pretty reasonable within the US).

I can't find any kind of makers name on the wheels, they are 60 spokes
and there are 75 splines which appear to be on a 1 3/4 or 1 7/8th circle
(is this some kind of a standard?).  Mounted with 145SR13 Michelin XZX
radials that even have a bit of tread left on them.

contact me directly if you want them and i will figure out how to get
them to you.

dan

-- Dan J. Von Seggern, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor