bypass valve on zs carbs

To: "Triumphs@Autox. Team. Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: bypass valve on zs carbs
From: <lstein6@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 17:58:50 -0600
in more carefully rebuilding my cd150 carbs on my 72 gt6 i got to the part
about adjusting the bypass valves, which if incorrect can cause high idle (my
problem).  i've noted on two documents how to adjust them for early and late
carbs.  both those documents show a screw you can adjust.  my carbs just have
a cover.  no screw !  when i removed the bypass valves from carbs to clean
them it looked like a screw inside, but nothing on the outside, just a plate.
does this mean it is factory set and cannot be adjusted ?  what if it truly is
not adjusted properly ?  has anyone 'popped off' this plate to find a screw
head underneath ?
thanks ! larry lstein6@earthlink.net