Inlet manifolds for TR6's

To: "James Rader" <jayrader@hotmail.com>
Subject: Inlet manifolds for TR6's
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:41:01 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "James Rader"
>Hello List,
I have a 74 TR6 with a older 70-71 manifold in place. I also have  a parts
car
with the correct 74 manifold. I am replacing the head gasket and am
wondering
witch one of these manifolds would be the better choice? Dose the correct
74
manifold have better flow than the older 70-71 stile?
Any information would be appreciated.
James...
<

James, the two are not interchangeable.  The intake ports were moved in the
switch to the CF engine and there will be a slight mismatch in port
alignment if the early (late) manifold is used with the late (early) head.
Although you can successfully bolt it up without any leaks the abrupt
transistion will negate any benefits of the later (long runner) manifold.

But since you have an early manifold, i suspect you also have an early head
(higher compression - although shaving will modify the CR to what ever you
want).  Take the manifold off and hold the gasket up to the head and the
manifold and see if the gasket holes line up with the ports.  If they all
line up then you already have the correct manifold for your head.

Also, make sure you get the correct manifold gasket for the year head you
are using.

Cheers

Dave