Any tips for removing rear securing nut on TR3A AC fuel pump?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Any tips for removing rear securing nut on TR3A AC fuel pump?
From: "Dave Willner" <dwillner@icontech.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:37:02 -0400
My original "bandaid-laden" AC fuel pump finally finally took it's last breath
and deluged all over the garage floor last night. I put in a new diapham,
valves, washers, gaskets, etc. last month, while I was rebuilding the
distributor it sat ideal and "looked" real nice.... but obviously it's too far
gone at this point. I'm going to swing by MOSS in NJ tomorrow and pick up a
new one with the priming lever.

Question is, how in $&*@# do you remove the top rear nut that holds the main
body on to the block? I'm thinking of cutting down an open ended wrench just
to get in there. Anyone had any luck, or remembered how they got the nut off?

I appreciate the help. TIA

Dave Willner
59 TR3A Apple Green