Body Work Horror #195

To: triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Body Work Horror #195
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 18:30:15 -0400
Ok, here is a question for all the experienced restorers who have used Feather
Fill high build primer, to straighten out the sanding marks, etc before
repainting...

After careful application of self etching primer to the entirety of the
exterior, I went today to put a test coat of "Feather Fill" on the car, in
order to find out how to spray it well. Reading the directions for the first
time, I discovered the following line- "Do not use over self-etching primers"
At which point the frustration bell went off, seeing how the whole area needing
the Feather Fill is already covered with self etch primer!

So my question is, should I just return the can to the place of purchase, and
give up, or can I simply lay a coating of regular primer over the self etching,
and then apply the Feather Fill? I really wanted to do the Feather Fill stuff,
to smooth out some areas a little better, as I am no great bodyman. (Give me a
mechanical problem ANY day!

Any help greatly appreciated,
Scott