Re: Memories to treasure was Re: Buying a TR6 - or a Herald

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Memories to treasure was Re: Buying a TR6 - or a Herald
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:37:02 +0100
In article <02fd01c1de82$b8aaca80$9bf4a8c0@zebu>, Graham Stretch
<technical@iwnet.screaming.net> writes
>Hi Michael
>I once played leapfrog (he passed me I passed him etc mainly due to traffic
>conditions not spite) from junction 4? (below Brum) on the M42 all the way
>to the interchange of the M3 M27 with a Porsche 911, I was driving my
>Toledo. When we parted ways the 911 driver gave a wave, which I returned
>feeling kinda stunned. It appears he had enjoyed the drive as much as I.
>Don't get me wrong, I know he could have wee'd all over me if he wanted but
>he seemed content to just play. Funny thing is the drive was not really any
>different, living on an Island, when we are going home it is always a rush
>for a boat, but that day the company really helped the journey. I don't
>suppose the 911 driver comited it to memory like I did, but you never know!
>
>Another good one was the Honda CBR 600 F that I beat off the line in our
>Sprint, surprised the life out of him, until about 30 mph when he passed me
>like I had hit the brakes!!

I remember a similar thing happening to me - only I was in a Sunbeam
Stiletto (looked like a tatty Hillman Imp, and did 0-60 in under 8
seconds) and he was in a brand-new 7-series Bummer.   The really amusing
bit was when the road narrowed back down to one lane, and he still
hadn't caught up (although he was gaining fast!).   That must have been
nearly fifteen years ago now, but I still haven't forgotten the glimpse
I got of the look on his face as I pulled away from him...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"