Re: White Spirits/WaxOil?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: White Spirits/WaxOil?
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 08:52:23 +0100
In article <000001c1ddce$ffc0a020$d2de3f94@g2h>, Bill Brewer
<bbrewer@starband.net> writes
>     I am getting ready to put some Finnigans Waxoil into the seams of my
>new floors. It is an old half used can and seems to have solidified
>slightly. I will heat it up (in the sun) before applying, but would like to
>thin it out. The directions say that it can be thinned using "white
>spirits".
>     Can someone explain what this voodoo term means? Is it mineral spirits?
>Paint thinner? Lacquer thinner? Some other fluif?

Being asked "what does white spirit mean?" is like being asked "what's
grass mean?"   I know the answer, but I'm not sure I can communicate it!

White spirit is a common form of paint thinner in UK.   It is a clear
volatile liquid that smells funny.   I have no idea what the American
term would be.

Hope this helps.

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"