Re: disassembling TR4 pedals

To: CarlSereda@aol.com
Subject: Re: disassembling TR4 pedals
From: PeterSchop@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 10:11:25 EST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Carl,
I tried removing the two end bolts and then pulling down on the pedals to
remove them without success. Looking at the diagram in the shop manual, it
looks like the (horizontal) pedal shaft goes through the pedal pivot bush
which fits inside the pedal. Until the (horizontal) pedal shaft is removed
from the bush, I don't see how the pedal will slide out. In order to get the
pedal shaft out, the pedal shaft support bracket must be removed. I have not
been able to remove the bracket. Am I missing something here?
Thanks,
Peter Schoppelry