TR3A 5 way connection restrictor valve

Subject: TR3A 5 way connection restrictor valve
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 22:18:55 -0500
Cc: "John Krause (home)" <jktr250@aol.com>, Bob Krivenko <krivenkb@pa.net>
While cleaning up the front and rear hydraulic connections in
preparation to bead blast, I took apart the restirctor valve on
the 5 way connection.  To my surprise, a spring and screw popped
out.  I can find no instructions or diagram that shows the
proper way these parts are to fit in the valve.  It appears that
the spring goes up into the main body of the upper part of the
restrictor valve (this is obvious), but where I am unclear is the
position of the spring screw.  Does the head of the screw fit
up into the larger spring with the smaller end of the screw
facing into the connector?  How does this thing work? It would
seem at face value this would prevent the fluif to be compressed
from the line coming from the MC into the top of the
restrictor valve and to continue the compression through the
other three lines going out to the front and rear brakes?  Is there
any other piece other than the large spring and the screw spring
that goes inside the upper half of the restrictor valve (i.e. did
something else fly off onto the basement floor I am missing)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On another matter, those in the Harrisburg, PA area that make the
trip to the Farm Show for the new Auto and Boat Show in late January,
our club (Central PA Triumph Club) will have a booth along with the
local MG and AH clubs.  Last year they had street rods and we were
able to convince the show organizers to display old LBCs. So we'll
have a TR2, TR6 and TR8 at our area. I'll be at our booth on the
Friday of the show.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6