Re: Apparently I'm a "freak"

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Apparently I'm a "freak"
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:33:38 -0700
Well for the record there was a few freaks out last night at the annual
MG Car Club of Calgary / Vintage Sports Car Club of Calgary Christmas
party. There was one rubber bumper MGB, one TR6, an early short
wheelbase Porche 911, and a MK1 Land Rover in period CAA regalia in the
parking lot. This was on a -14 degree celcius evening with about 20 cm
of snow on the ground and salt on the roads( for the metric challenged
that's around zero degrees and 8 inches ). I admire the fact that these
people use their cars but hope they do a good job of dealing with the
road salt. Having driven Land Rovers for the 17 years I worked for the
British Army I think the Rover would have been my last choice of the
four for the evenings driving. The Rover heaters aren't great and the
aluminium body has no insulation what so ever.

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A
1963 Fiat Cabriolet