RE: Long Live The TR Wedge!!!!!

To: rdchambers@att.com, TR250Driver@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Long Live The TR Wedge!!!!!
From: "Michael Gajic" <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:11:40 +1100 FILETIME=[5FB53530:01C18245]
Rober Chambers wrote:

>I always heard the TR-7 was the downfall of Triumph. They never recovered
>from the bad rap they got for poor quality on the first TR-
>7s.

Not sure about TR7s being the sole downfall, I think the seeds of Triumph's
problems were sown long before the TR7 was released. It had a lot to do with
poor build quality but IMHO at least as much to do with poor coporate
strategy.

On the quality side I have spoken to a mechanic who worked at the Australian
distributor for Triumphs. He said that the PI TR6s and Dolomite Sprints were
a far bigger worry. I won't start about the Stags...

Regardless, there are more TR7s (or Stags) on Australian roads than all the
Michelloti TRs put together so maybe its a case of he who laughs last....

Cheers,
Michael
63' TR4
Sydney, Australia