Re: Other models

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Other models
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 19:44:48 -0500
John writes:

>Why not, indeed. But why limit the discussion to Wedges and others
>that Kirk suggests? For the most part this list confines itself
>*mostly* to TR's, so the implication is it's not a general Triumph
>list, as its name suggests.

Snip!

True enough.  But consider that the bread and butter offerings from
any marque are likely to garner less interest than the sportier
models.

In the U.S Ford sold a gazillion Falcons, Mavericks, Galaxies, Pintos
etc., in the 60s and 70s but most of the internet dialog will be for
sportier models like Mustangs, Cougars, early T-birds and such.

The cost to restore an old Falcon may not be much different than an
original 6 cyl Mustang.  Most folks will opt to spend the bucks on the
Mustang even though the running gear is the same.

I can't say I detect any descrimination towards Triumph sedans on this
list.  I think it's a question of critical mass.   As more folks
outside the U.S. get hooked up to the internet Triumph sedan dialog
will increase...if there's an interest.

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley (who wants a Standard 8 as a winter-beater)