RE: Other models

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Other models
From: Randall Young <ryoung@NAVCOMTECH.COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 16:17:38 -0800
Jonmac wrote :

> For the most part this list confines itself
> *mostly* to TR's, so the implication is it's not a general Triumph
> list, as its name suggests.

This is a classic "chicken and egg" problem, IMO the demographics came
first.  IOW, we talk mostly about TRs, because that's what most of the
people on the list have experience with (or questions about).  Others are
certainly welcome, but they have to wade through all the blather about TRs
(and other topics <blush>).  Perhaps at least part of the problem is that
many people outside North America have to pay by the minute for Internet
access (so I'm told), while in the US, almost all connection are basically
unmetered (and 24x7 access is not uncommon).

> Personally, I find subscribing to
> different lists to get a general overview to be something of a pain -
> but I suppose I'm in a minority?

I'm on your side here, I prefer one big list.  Still, it's nice to hear from
such luminaries as John Kipping and Kas Kastner on other lists, which they
probably wouldn't do if it were all one big one.

Just for the record, I find the 'wedge' much more pleasing to the eye now
than I did 25 years ago.  Perhaps it really was "the shape of things to
come", just a little too soon.  Then too, IMO, if the TR7 had been
introduced here with even the Dolly Sprint motor, it would've been a lot
more popular than it was.

That said, I love my TR3A, wouldn't trade it for any other Triumph, not even
that megabux Marcos !

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver
63 Sports 6 rustoration project