roll bar reinforcement

To: "Triumph (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[5600A0E0:01C17D97]
Subject: roll bar reinforcement
From: "Freeman, Noah" <nfreeman@baincapital.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:15:47 -0500 lc>
Hey all- just put the moss TR4 rollbar into my TR4- i have to say, it
looks good, doesnt interfere with the top, nor hit my head.  WIth the
moss padded cover, I was pleasantly surprised.

One question- i have a nasty feeling the bar will punch through teh
"back seat" the moment the car rolls...I can grab it and wiggle it with
my hand...after all, its just body metal under there, right?

The trouble with welding it to something more sturyd is that the rear
axle is right under tehre, so the area is not begging to have large
cross beams installed...

What are peoples thoughts?  What do you racers do to make rollbars more
than cosmetic?

Thanks all!

Noah Freeman
Brookside Capital + Bain Capital
111 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA, 02199, USA
voice 617.516.2922   fax 617.516.2910
nfreeman@baincap.com or nfreeman@brooksidefund.com

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]