Original Temp Gauge....NOT

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Original Temp Gauge....NOT
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:45:44 -0800 (PST)
Greetings,

the concensus would seem to be that my temp gauge was replaced at some
point. That seems like the most logical explanation.

I wasn't sure if there was an early temp gauge with the convex lens that
didn't have the mask over the needle as found on the later cars AND was an
electrical sender type instead of the capillary.

But a few listers have told me they have exactly that. A gauge that looks
like the TR3 temp gauge, but is electrical.

In 20/20 hindsight, I should have just taken the temp gauge out of the
TR3 I sold to 'twistbolts' before he came to pick it up.  :^)

Of interest is Steve's car, CT50xx has the bright metal 'diamond' finish
gauge dash, and mine, CT7086LO, has the black dash.

Was that done to reduce glare as a safety item, or is the painted finish
simply cheaper?

Randall, your question about the voltage stablizer I'm not sure of. I
think there is a little relay-looking thing under the dash on the
passengers that could be what you're talking about. I haven't had to mess
with it, so I'm not sure. The original OD relay is up there too as I
recall.

-jeffrey