GT6+ Gearbox bearings

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ Gearbox bearings
From: Windoseat@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:03:00 EST
Hi all;

After a summer of cleaning and assembling a 1987 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo I am
back to the GT6+. I was cleaning and inspecting the gearbox today and found
that the internals are all in good working order but the needle bearings in
the input shaft are shot. Has anyone had any experience using premium
bearings from a bearing supplier like Bearings Inc........rather than what's
available from the normal sources. If I'm going to replace bearings I'd like
to know the quality of what I'm putting in there, especially when I'm staring
at some irreplaceable components.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
KC79746L