Re: Connecting Rod Lengths

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: Re: Connecting Rod Lengths
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 11:00:35 -0800
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Kai :

Not sure how accurate you need, I only have a dial caliper to cover that
range.

I measured two rods, both from a 1991cc TR3A motor, (83mm x 92mm), a '60
I think.  Both big ends measured 2.233" (no inserts), both little ends
were .877".  Surface to surface down the length of the rod was 4.701" on
one, 4.699" on the other, giving a center-to-center of 6.255" +/-
.001".  But, since I was using a flat caliper face on a curved surface,
and my inside jaws are narrower than the outside jaws, those
measurements may be slightly high, perhaps as much as .001".

AFAIK, TR2-4A all used the same rods, even though the bore sizes were
different.

Randall