Connecting Rod Lengths

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Connecting Rod Lengths
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 17:29:09 -0500
Okay list, I was hoping a few of you could help out with an obsessive little
project of mine.

Would those of you who can accurately measure the length of one of your
connecting rods please do so and email them back to me.  Including, the
year/model Triumph you have, the engine (bore and stroke) and lastly the rod
length from center to center.

For the 1500 Spit, GT6, TR5/250/6, 2000/2500 Saloons... I measured the
connecting rod length at 146mm (center to center).  If anyone has the exact
measurement, or rather a more precise measurement... please let me know.

More interested in TR2/3/4, early Spits, TR7 motor, etc... since I don't
have any rod length information for them.

Thanks,

Kai
kmr@pil.net