Re: 2 post car lifts

To: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 2 post car lifts
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:53:12 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I've got a 4 post lift. It uses chains _and_ a hydraulic cylinder. You can
change tires on a 4-post lift. Put a jack under the wheel and jack it up.
I've got a steel plank that I use to span both ramps when I have to put the
jack farther inboard . The main advantage to a 4-post lift is that (ceiling
height permitting) you can park an extra car in the garage. I drive the TR6
onto the ramps, raise it, and park my station wagon underneath. I do
recommend an oil drip pan to keep oil off the lower car's hood and
windshield. ;{)

I bought a Bend-Pak brand lift because the dealer I found seemed to be the
only place who would a) return my calls and  b) actually ship something in
a reasonable amount of time.
I don't remember which category Autolifters fell into but I do remember
considering them.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com