Thrust washers 2nd try

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, tomomalley@meganet.net
Subject: Thrust washers 2nd try
From: a Wallace <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 21:23:52 -0500
Drat, I always mumble about others when they leave off the model they're
talking about, and now I did it myself.
The thrust washer question relates to a TR3a. Spec is 0.004" to 0.006", and
I'm at 0.007", hence my question re: how much bedding in is likely. (I do
expect that with zero wear on the motor, it will be tighter than shortly
after it runs, since any high spots there are will be keeping it tighter
than it will be. "Bedding in" was probably a poor choice of words.)
Thanks,
Jim

Spec for a 1500 is .006" to .014" so you're in good shape.
I don't believe these are really subject to "bedding in" in the same
sense that rings are.
Going oversize may not be desirable if it puts you outta spec on the
tight side. They could gall up.
Cheers!
Tom O'Malley