re: Surrey Top

To: Michael Gajic <michaelgajic@hotmail.com>
Subject: re: Surrey Top
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 21:00:14 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hmmm.....

Okay, I confess, I didn't do any scientific study on this. I have noted
that the car has fewer rattles with the top on and simply 'feels' stiffer
when driving with great enthusiasm ( i.e. sideways ) .

:^)

Is it stiff as a monocoque chassis? Nope. But both the rear section and
top section are quite rigid. The casting that makes the rear section
doesn't lend itself to flexing, nor does the arch shape of the roof. I
can't see how it couldn't make a difference, really, but who knows...

-jeffrey