re: Surrey Top

To: "Triumphs@Autox.team.net daily digest" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Surrey Top
From: "Jeffrey J. Barteet" <barteet@barteet.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 18:12:43 -0800 (PST)
Kyle,

Real, factory surrey tops are around.  They simply tend to change hands at
a premium.  Around $1000 seems to be the going rate for the hardtop and
rear section. ebay and vtr.org/classifieds are your best bet there.

I believe a company called Slimline makes a hardtop, but it does not have
the 'targa' section. It's a one-piece and made of fiberglass. I think it
costs $1200-1400. I also think that this is the top that Vicky Brit recently
started to
carry.

A friend visited the wharehouse at Moss UK and he says he saw a metal
repro surrey top there.  He's an MG guy, so naturally he could be
mistaken.

The surrey top really changes the look of the car as you might expect. It
also stiffens the chassis quite a bit with the hartop section bolted in.

g'luck!

-jeffrey