Critters/TR4 Overflow Bottles /TR4 Triumphing!

To: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Critters/TR4 Overflow Bottles /TR4 Triumphing!
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 16:21:19 -0500
Hi All!

Been fully engrossed with my workshop building, I've been in monitor mode,
but a few comments:

Critters:
 I once had a skunk and a possum (different years) invade an addition I was
building that wasn't fully foundation enclosed yet.
Was advised to pour ammonia to rid these critters - had no mice those years
either in the crawl spaces - might be applicable to Barns as well!.

Overflow bottle:
My TR4 40054L - very late (maybe last survivor by Ser #) had tube - not
bottle.
Agree with 'overflow incremental' sequence to not enough fluid in radiator-
 higher temps- etc- so I added a small recovery bottle
(actually a watter wetter bottle) with cable ties around the right side of
the radiator-
Unobtrusive, not in way of fan blade, and keep it 1/4 full when cold. Last
sumer, saw it rise to almost full, but had never overflowed, even with 100^
MD summer temps.
 That was my environmentally sensitive, 'one less problem' solution.

Triumphing:
Top is still down past my birthday (11/06). Took TR4 to CTR Tech 4 activity
(Triumph, Taste, Tech, Tour) Saturday. Left with 5 layers of clothing at 9Am
and 37^ Sat morning on 28 mile drive over to Chevy Chase MD. (Caught up with
Club member  Martin Secrest of our list). The day from there edged up to @
67^ -Great driving and Touring on back roads of Maryland - Enjoyed the TR
tremendously- especially the pep in 2nd, 3rd, & 4th between 2500 and 4000RPM
By the time I got home I put 103 miles on the odometer.

Must have laughed to myself at least once every minute!

Cheers!

Sherman

Sherman Taffel
Columbia, MD