Re: Transporting TR6 Motor

To: Chris Bullock <chris.bullock@netcarrier.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transporting TR6 Motor
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 12:33:11 -0500
Chris Bullock wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> I need to transport my TR6 motor from VT to PA, likely in the back of my
> Blazer or the back of a pickup (obviously easier).  Does anyone have
> designs/dimensions or other suggestions for a platform or support of the
> engine for the drive?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Chris Bullock
> Warrington, PA
> 1970 TR6 PI  CP51686 O

Hi Chris,

All you really need to do is place a block of wood under the front part of the
pan and tie the motor off to the side of the truck so it won't tip over when
cornering.  If you wish a more stable mount, or don't have the ability to tie
the
engine off to anything you can construct a rectangular frame from 2x6 such that
the fan extension rests on one end and at the other end insert two long bolts
into opposite holes on the flywheel and allow just the bolts to rest on the
frame
with the lower portion of the flywheel inside/below the rectangle.

Have you just moved to the area?  We have a great local triumph club here that
meets very close to you each month on the third Tuesday.  Next meeting is Nov.
20th coming up.

Check out: http://www.DelValTRs.org  for more.  Hope you can make it out soon!

Cheers!

Brian Schlorff
Power British
1242 East Ridge Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA  19462-2754
610-270-0505
610-270-3059 fax
(new webpage under construction...finally!)