tr4a troubles

To: Rich Scotti <Rich.Scotti@rebis.com>
Subject: tr4a troubles
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 16:39:59 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Message text written by Rich Scotti
>After 7 years of "body off" restoring ,the cars back on the road and
running strong with these exceptions.

<snip>

2. The Windshield cowling is leaned back about 1/2" too far. By this I mean
that the windshield is basically "swept back" about 1/2" at the top. I have
a Surrey and the soft top frame will not fit between in the gap. Neither
will the hard top. When the door window is rolled up, the front edge hits
the windshield frame (leaving a scratch on new paint!). Anyone ever
encounter this problem? Since its seated against the cowling and the 3
bolts are tight, I'm at a loss for what to adjust.
<

Rich, loosen the bolts that hold the Windshield frame post receivers
(behind the dash on each side of the car) and you can pull the widhshield
froward to the proper angle.  Use your window edge as a guide.

Good luck and congratulations.  It will now take about a year to work all
the little bugs out but you'll enjoy driving the car in the meanwhile.

Dave