Re: stellite valves?

To: Paul Tegler <ptegler@cablespeed.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stellite valves?
From: Jeff Johnson <mondolux@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2001 23:25:16 -0500
Paul,
To quote the Stellite website, "The most widely used alloy in the family is
STELLITE, which is based on the ternary system:
cobalt - chromium - tungsten. The composition endows alloys with hot
hardness above 600o C coupled with excellent wear, galling, corrosion and
erosion resistance. "
I burned a valve on my Tr6 at approx. 20K on the clock. Now that my TR6 has
dropped a couple of lobes on the cam and I had the engine  rebuilt, would I
put stellite valves in my car?- Oh ya, you betcha!
Along with hardened valve seats. Burn a valve again? I don't think so.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 w/ Stellite valves