Re: TR250 Signal Light

Subject: Re: TR250 Signal Light
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 18:02:58 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Pouya :

I haven't followed this thread very well, but wanted to mention that
anything that reduces current through the left side lamp filaments can
cause this problem.  In addition to all the usual bad ground/bad
connection/old bulb/bad switch suspects, Jonmac recently reported
finding the wiring itself to be corroded inside the insulation.

My suggestion would be to check the voltage at each turn signal bulb,
_with the bulb lit_.  Once you find the low voltage point(s), you can
trace backwards to find where the voltage drop is.

There is only a single fuse (shared as I recall by many other things),
and the only 'relay' is the flasher itself, which is used for both
sides.

Another, less attractive workaround is to replace the flasher with a
"variable load" version.

Randall