Re: 73 - 76 TR6 Wiring

To: "Williams, Bill \(Atlanta\)" <Bill.Williams@compaq.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 73 - 76 TR6 Wiring
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:48:07 -0400

Hi Bill,

I have a '76 TR6.  Left the parking lights on for ~ 30 minutes (forgot I turned
them on).  None of the fuses got warm nor did I expect them to.   Suggest that
the contacts holding the fuse as well as the contacts on the ends of the fuse
are dirty.  Another possibility is dirty terminals or loose fitting connectors
on wires connecting to the fuse block.  I'd clean the terminals and squeeze the
female connectors on the wires so that they fit tight on the terminals.   And
yes, this is a problem waiting to happen; more likely loss of power than wire
meltdown.

Nelson Riedel
Granville, OH
76 TR6 (repairing damage from fender bender)
68 TR250 (next project - new paint)
70 TR6 (all the parts in a pile ready to assemble)