Mile High Meander (Day two)

To: SLTOA <triumphs@sltoa.org>, TR List <Triumphs@autox.team.net>, TR8 List <TR8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Subject: Mile High Meander (Day two)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:03:41 -0400
Only 180 more miles to Denver and Bud's party so we are off at around 8:30
on this cool morning.  But it quickly becomes hot.  And it quickly becomes
higher.  Add another 1500 feet of altitude in less than 100 miles.  And
Fred starts to complain about his car getting hot.  "How hot?"  "185."
"Sounds about right to me.  And anyway, it's about 90 degrees and the air
is thin."

So we press on.  We get to Bud's without incident and are greated by Hula
Boy himself and Ken and Sue Dahman.  So Ken and Sue finally meet Fred and
Dan and we have a nice lunch and chat.  Ken and Sue leave with their black
TR3 in tow and Tom Diulio arrives in his freshly painted green TR6.  Then
Steve Newel arrives in his black TR4.  "Hey, I have no horn" says Steve.
"I have a meter" says I and a few minutes later we (Dan Masters and I)
diagnose then fault is too much paint on the inside of the steering wheel
hub.  A little scraping action and we have horns again.  Now steve is
concerned that now he will be honking at the wrong people again.  Now for
the non-functioning overdrive.  "I wonder if it is the loose wire under the
dash?"  "Yup."  "Anybody got any bullet connectors?"  "Nope.  But I'll bet
we can find plenty this coming week in Breckinridge."  "OK.  Till then."

John, another local member arrives with his son in his 76 TR6 and after
some more chatting  and looking at Bud's TR4A wreck (with A-type overdrive)
and his new TR4A project Brad and Susan show up and suprise, suprise,  The
Spitfire is under it's own power! (Last year you may remember we followed
it, on a  trailer, for some 1500 miles.  Nice to see it motivating on it's
own.

At about 7:00 the party is officially over and we reluctantly bid farewell
(at least it's only for a few days).

And the best is yet to come.

Meandering in Denver.

Dave Massey