O/D (what else?)

To: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>
Subject: O/D (what else?)
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:39:21 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Dennis N Culligan"
>    We seem to be blessed (plagued?) with O/D questions of late.
A friend contacted me with a TR6 J-type O/D question (really, it's
not mine - mine is still in the shed).  His O/D will engage nicely but
then doesn't want to turn off, and then starts slipping badly. He then
could not get the O/D to disengage.  Fluid level is fine, box was
just refrurbished (seals, etc) after sitting a long time.  He was to
remove the solenoid this evening but was pretty sure it was work-
ing (he said he could hear a click).  Any other off-the-cuff ideas
where to look or at what?  Thanks.
<

Could be sludge in the pilot operated valve.  There are some pretty small
passages in there and a small amount of non-fluid type material can prevent
proper operation.  Pull the solenoid valve and soak/rinse it out.  It may
just solve the problem and it's easy (relatively speaking) to do.

Good luck

Dave