RE: O/D (what else?)

To: "Dennis N Culligan" <dncullig@us.ibm.com>, triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: O/D (what else?)
From: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:56:27 -0400
Fluid level is fine, box was
>just refrurbished (seals, etc) after sitting a long time.  He was to
>remove the solenoid this evening but was pretty sure it was work-
>ing (he said he could hear a click).  Any other off-the-cuff ideas
>where to look or at what?

Dennis,

If no other hard fault is found, I would consider a botched seal job or dirt
or something in the oil.  A J-Type is one big pump and bunch of fancy valves
more like a autotransmission than the brute force design of the A-type.

Any contaminant would cause those symtoms... especially failure to disengage.

I am an A-type guy...  but have helped a local friend with his J-type... so
take this as just my .02 cents

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4  CT16260L-O - Groton, MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site