Tree sap removal

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tree sap removal
From: HAMILTON DOUG <douglasehamilton@home.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:09:19 -0600
I picked up a new addition last night a sweet little Italian girl to
keep my TR3 company. While the car was sitting outside waiting for the
AutoTrader's photographer to show up it got covered in tree sap and buds
from a Poplar tree. What is the best way to remove the sap it was left
on the car for a few weeks in a hot garage and doesn't just wash off.
A note of interest on my newly aquired 1960 Fiat 1200 Cabriolet is that
it was first registered in 1963 and is titled as a 1963( the ad has a
typo showing it as 1965 ). The car has had a very nice cosmetic
restoration done on a rust free( yes it is a Fiat ) and acident free car
with 46000 mile on it. It has a complete new interior, new top, new
paint, rebuilt brakes, steering, etc. And all the electrical system is
in good working order. For a car that came out the same year as the Bug
Eye Sprite and was price competetive with it, the car has all the
modcons of a late TR6 and a much better convertable top that any British
sports car ever had. When I saw the car I had to have I got it for less
than my TR3(in boxes) and it runs and drives but has a bad rod knock so
the motor is coming out this weekend.
You can see it's Autotrader ad here.
http://www.canadatrader.com/trader/result/affich.asp?sid=62ZYJOL0044050&rubno=4000&pa=1&pr=1

Please reply direct to me I'm in digest mode.

Doug Hamilton
1960 TR3A Sebring White
1960 Fiat 1200 Cabriolet white