RE: TR6 Carb Question?

To: "'Jeff Slaton'" <slatonj@vci.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Carb Question?
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:45:34 -0400 com> et.com>
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Cold air is more dense than hot air.  So there is more air in a given volume
of cold air than hot.  As the engine and the air temp increases you need
more air to get the same amount of air.  The TC is a bimetal strip that
opens a valve to leak in more air as the temperature rises.  Yes they should
work.  If not working it depends on whether they are stuck open or closed.
IF open it will be too lean when cold, if closed too rich when hot.  See
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/temp-compensators.html

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6 76-TR7 80-TR8  W4UCK