Re: SU Adjustments

To: Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Adjustments
From: Steven Newell <steven@cravetechnology.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:08:30 -0600
James Fowler wrote:

> I recently asked the list for instructions on which way to turn the adjusting
> nut in order to lean or rich the fuel mixture on the SU of a 1960 TR3A carb.
> I failed to save any of the responses. Please respond again to this
> question!

Out is rich, in is lean. Facing the carbs, left is rich, right is lean. Looking
down
on the carbs, clockwise is rich, counterclockwise is lean.

Paul Tegler's great compendium of SU info
    http://www.teglerizer.com/sucarbs/

How to Tune SU Carburetors, by Roger Garnett* (warning: MG content!!!)
    http://www.mgbexperience.com/service/su-tune.html

*note: Roger Garnett's article is also linked on Paul's site, but I like the
pretty pictures in the link above.

--
Steven Newell
Denver, CO