TR2/3 rear end ratios

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR2/3 rear end ratios
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@admmail.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:16:40 -0400
Hello list:
A question for the collective wisdom of the list. Did factory o/d equipped
cars in the TR2/3A range come with higher (numerically) rear end ratios?
Was this the case with all o/d cars, or was the lower rear an option - you
could get o/d cars with either rear end ratio?
Reason for this question is I am contemplating swapping a later Girling
rear end into a TR2 (with o/d) to get around the supposedly very "soft"
Lockheed rear axle fitted to the 2's. Want to retain the same ratios and
want to know what type of Girling rear end I should look for.
What have the experiences been with the Lockheed axles among TR2 owners?

Many thanks,
Angelo Graham
1955(?) TR2