Re: TR6 as a daily driver. Possible?

To: "Yermom" <yermom@bigfoot.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 as a daily driver. Possible?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 00:22:25 -0400
> I live in Philly, and I am just about to start my search for a TR6
> to use as a daily driver during spring, summer and fall.

> Honestly, is possible?

> Drew Raison
> Philadelphia

Quite possible.  I'm just north of Philadelphia and use my TR6 daily from
April through until Thanksgiving (or the first snow fall).  I've even had to
take the TR6 out of winter hibernation to get me places when the more modern
winter car couldn't!

The biggest problem to date are the 20 or so flat tires I've had on my TR6
since I bought it in 1998.  A few happened while I was away at college in
1999, and when I came back the tires had lost air and the beads had broke...
the other times it has been punctures of some sort or another (two weeks ago
it was a screw).  No major niggles at all this driving season...

Don't be afraid to use your TR6 in the winter either.  Granted, I'm not
saying run it through the salty slush... but if you need to for some reason
go for it.  The TR6 is predictable in the snow, and I haven't had any
problems driving it on my unplowed street so long as a few of the neighbors
SUVs had made a decent packed path to follow.

With a daily driver, it seems to be the $5 dollar sh*t that breaks.  Like
that damn master cylinder spring that broke, and rendered my clutch
inoperatable.

Kai